Can you believe tomorrow is the last day of summer? I’m super sad about it because it means no more swimming, it gets darker sooner and I don’t get to travel as much since I’m back in school (Boo). One the good side, I can finally wear my favorite pair of Ugg boots, test out a ton of new fall baking recipes and, we’re closer to Halloween and Christmas. Summer Pineapple Flamingo Cupcakes
I wanted to celebrate this day by sharing these yummy cupcakes I made earlier this summer using my favorite sprinkles (how super cute are these pineapple and flamingos)? I found these on a trip to Michales. This was earlier during the summer so if you can’t find them in stores be sure to check online or even Etsy. Pineapple Flamingo Cupcakes
My mom’s birthday is in August and she loves pink and pineapples so I wanted to make her something special and these did the trick for sure. She loved them! Pineapple Flamingo Cupcakes
To Make These Pineapple Flamingo Cupcakes You’ll Need the Following:
- 1 box of cake mix *I used white but you could use pineapple upside cake for a more summer cupcake!*
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 Cup of Water
- 1/3 Cup of Vegetable Oil
- Funfetti Aqua Blue Icing
- Wilton Flamingo Sprinkles
- Wilton Pineapple Sprinkles
Pineapple Flamingo Cupcakes Directions
- Mix cake mix, water, vegetable oil and eggs according to the cake mix box.
- Spray cupcake pan with cooking spray if you choose not to use cupcake liners. Otherwise, put down cupcake liners first.
- Pour cupcake mix into a measuring cup for easy pouring. Pour the cupcake mix into the cupcake pan, making sure not to fill all the way to the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Let cupcakes cool.
- While the cupcakes are cooling, cut your green Twizzlers in half to form the pineapple’s stem.
- Transfer your aqua blue icing to a Ziploc bag or a Wilton icing bag. I used a Wilton Tip 1M to pipe on the frosting on top of the cupcake.
- Frost each cupcake with the icing. On the top of the cupcake, sprinkle the flamingo and pineapple sprinkles on top of the cupcake.